Sunset Valley Market Statistics
|# Listings||Average DOM||Average Price||Average $/SqFt||Median Price||Median $/SqFt||Average % Reduced|
|Sold Last 6 Months (Unlock Sold Listings)||7||51||$631,257||$207||$730,800||$196||4%|
*Sunset Valley Market Stats are based on Austin MLS data as of January 17th, 2017 at 9:30pm CST.
Sunset Valley is officially a separate city from Austin even though it is located deep in the heart of Central Southwest Austin, near the intersection of Highway 71 and Mopac Loop 1. The town itself boasts a population of nearly 1,000 people and features one of Austin's most up-and-coming shopping centers, the Sunset Valley Village, with several new shops and restaurants. Residents of Sunset Valley choose this locale because of its independent spirit and its beautiful rural, residential surroundings. Founded in the 1950s, Sunset Valley has always been lead by its own city council. Students in the area attend schools in the Austin Independent School District, including Sunset Valley Elementary, Covington Middle School, and Crockett High School.
Where is Sunset Valley, Texas?
A fantastic location next to the Barton Creek Greenbelt, at the doorstep of the Texas Hill Country, and next to two of the region’s most important roadways provides Sunset Valley residents with tons of options and easy ways to get around. Within striking distance of all of Austin’s big attractions, Sunset Valley is truly a city within a city. And the moment residents no longer want it to be, it’s where two of the Hill Country’s most central roads intersect.
Distance to Major Austin Amenities & Attractions
- Texas Hill Country: 0 mi, 0 min, you’re already there!
- Lake Travis: 21.3 mi, 32 min
- Lake Austin: 7.6 mi, 13 min
- Lady Bird Lake Hike & Bike Trail: 5.4 miles, 14 min
- Mopac Expressway: 1.5 mi, 4 min
- UT: 8.9 mi, 17 min
- Interstate 35: 5.5 mi, 8 min
- Highway 71: 1.1 mi, 3 min
- Downtown: 8.4 mi, 14 min
- ACC: 9.7 mi, 15 min
- Barton Creek Greenbelt: 5.6 mi, 11 min
- Circuit of the Americas: 16.1 mi, 22 min
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport: 12.4 mi, 17 min
- Nearest Emergency Hospital: Seton Southwest Hospital, 5.8 mi, 11 min
- Nearest General Physician: South Austin Medical Clinic, 2.6 mi, 6 min
- Nearest Major Employers: St. David’s, Seton Healthcare Family, Austin ISD, St. Edward’s University
- Nearest High School: Crockett High School, 4 mi, 9 min
- Nearest Restaurants: BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, Texadelphia, Bakehouse Restaurant & Bar, Doc’s Bar & Grill, Mighty Fine Burgers, Evangeline Cage, Hyde Park Bar & Grill, Fire Bowl Cafe, Tarka Indian Kitchen, Johnny Carino’s, Cherry Creek Catfish
- Nearest Shops: TJ Maxx, Sunset Valley Market Fair, Nordstrom Rack, HomeGoods, World Market, Barnes & Noble, DSW, Sam’s Club
- Nearest Outdoor Recreation Spots: Circle C Ranch Metropolitan Park, McKinney Falls State Park, Barton Creek Greenbelt, Zilker Botanical Garden, Lady Bird Lake
Things to do in Sunset Valley
Sunset Valley residents have access to all the same amazing amenities as their Southwest Austin neighbors, with the close-knit feeling of living in a self-run city. Natural wonders abound at the Barton Creek Greenbelt, the Texas Hill Country is in the backyard, and land conservation is a priority. Meanwhile, Sunset Valley homes for sale are located at the far south end of the hip South Lamar area and the fantastic entertainment, shopping, and restaurants that can be found there.
The Sunset Valley Meadows HOA, the most visible in the city, can be found online at www.svmeadows.com
Sunset Valley Schools
Students in Sunset Valley attend Austin ISD schools just like their neighbors in Austin proper. While Austin ISD’s plans once caused disputes regarding infringement on Sunset Valley’s one-square-mile boundary, today students enjoy nearby Burger Activity Center and Stadium and attend Crockett High School, Covington Middle School, and Sunset Valley and Cunningham Elementary Schools.
Learn more about Austin ISD.
Click any link below to see listings that are aligned with specific Sunset Valley school boundaries.
Sunset Valley Neighborhoods
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS® (alternatively, from ACTRIS) from January 17th, 2017 at 9:30pm CST. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. The Austin Board of REALTORS®, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.