In recent years, Austin ranked among the best places to live, start a business, be active, raise a family, get your education, or meet new people. It is diverse, culturally engaging, and growing rapidly. It is also one of the most beautiful areas in Central Texas with weather your northern neighbors certainly envy.
If you are new to the Austin real estate market, you may be overwhelmed by the choices you find. There are so many factors to consider including commuting time and distance, employment centers, community style, schools, home features, and much more. Your adventure may begin before you even visit the area which makes searching for a new home even more difficult because other than knowing where you may be working, you have little else to go on.
At Realty Austin, we understand this time can be exciting, transforming, and very stressful. Our website is set up to help you navigate the task of deciding where to live as well as provide you with a wide array of listings in each area and for each type of real estate purchase you may be considering.
7 Steps to Finding Your New Home in Austin
1. Contact Realty Austin - You may not know where you want to be or even how much home you can afford in this market, but we can connect you with an agent that has the expertise and experience to guide you through this process. You don’t need to have all the answers right now. Connect with us, and we’ll help you find them.
2. Explore Austin - Our search options help you to find homes for sale by map, property type, lifestyle, or architecture. Remember, you are not picking out your new home, you’re just getting a feel for the many options available in neighborhoods and communities throughout this region. You can search by Map, Property Type, Lifestyle, and even Architecture.
3. Take a Virtual Road Trip - Read about the various areas of Austin including details on neighborhoods in Central Austin, West Austin, East Austin, North Austin, South Austin. Get a basic understanding of major roadways and public facilities that may be important to you and even explore Austin's surrounding cities. These descriptions provide relevant information on school assignments, community type, age and amenities, lifestyle, and directions.
4. Set Some Priorities – Take an inventory of the things that are important to you. Homebuyers need to think about the life they want to live. Is having a large home with plenty of room to grow significant? Want a short commute? Believe that you may move within a few years and need to resell? Want a hometown feeling or the excitement of living in the city? Make a list of these things and try to place them in order by priority. The process of buying a home is full of compromise for most people. Choosing to have a larger house in a master-planned community gives you more bedrooms and amenities but may also increase your commute time into the city. Living in Downtown Austin, with nearby Zilker Park, the Entertainment District, and a view of Lady Bird Lake may mean you don’t have the space you hoped for or the quiet solitude you need. Understanding what you want helps your agent direct you to home listings for sale that meets those needs.
5. Set a Timeline – Need to relocate in the next 30 days? Your Realty Austin agent can help you find temporary housing while you search for your new home. Austin’s real estate market is extremely dynamic and competitive. You can spend a lot of time searching neighborhoods only to find that listings are no longer available within hours of hitting the market. Once your Realty Austin agent knows your timeline, they prescreen listings and help you be ready to make an offer when the right house goes on sale.
6. Set a Budget – It’s hard to know what to look for if you aren’t sure what you have to spend. Cost is particularly challenging in a growing market. Be frank with your Realty Austin agent about your finances. Talk about your comfort levels and goals. There are homes in almost every price point in Austin. Your Realty Austin agent helps you find the one that best suits your situation.
7. Connect – Your Realty Austin agent is ready to connect with you. If you are moving into the area from out-of-town, they can have a relocation packet prepared for your first visit to Austin and provide appropriate listings before your plane even touches down at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Finding home listings for sale in Austin is easy at RealtyAustin.com. Our goal is to help you transition to your new home as quickly and seamlessly as possible. Get to know us. We’ll be with you every step of the way!