With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, Austin shops are stocking their windows with love-filled gifts, couples are submitting photos to cutest couples contests, and restaurant reservations are filling up fast. Have you made reservations yet? Not to worry! Austin is known for its support of small business and has a number of charming restaurants to take your special someone. Whether you’re moving to a new part of Austin or finally joining us from afar, the friendly folks at Realty Austin will get you into the home you want with time to devote to these more important things. Once you’re settled in, try one of these great restaurants for your most romantic of evenings.
- Corazon at Castle Hill – As the Spanish word for heart, Corazone had to be first on the list. Established in 1986, this pleasant downtown bistro boasts a creative Mexican cuisine from veteran chef Michael Taddeo. Enjoy friendly service and a romantic atmosphere with dishes as unique as Austin. Not to mention Voted Best of 2011 by Realty Austin!
- Fonda San Miguel – This popular date spot is located in the heart of central Austin, and offers Mexican cuisine as artful as the restaurant’s wall décor. The Fonda San Miguel website features an art gallery and a food gallery of their dishes.
- Chez Zee – An American bistro also located in central Austin, Chez Zee offers a great variety of dishes in a sophisticated environment at reasonable prices. Impress that special someone, but make your reservations soon.
- Moonshine Grill – Moonshine has a great historic feel with soft romantic lighting both on the patio and in the restaurant. A great place to host events, Moonshine’s location in downtown Austin is a great jumping off point to enjoy the after-dinner night life.
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse – Now there are multiple Sullivan’s locations, but Austin’s downtown location snuck into this top five because of its classy, romantic atmosphere and exceptional live music provided by local Austin talent. After dinner, enjoy drinks at Sullivan’s upscale piano bar.