Each month, we provide the latest Austin real estate market statistics based on data from the Austin Board of Realtors. These statistics show a month by month comparison of the Austin market for the past 5 years. These stats are intended to help you can make an informed decision about the Austin real estate market before you buy or sell a home in the Austin area. Use our new market snapshot tool for a comprehensive analysis of your home’s value in today’s market, or call us for an analysis of comparable homes sold.
These statistics are for Single Family homes across the entire Austin MLS. If you would like similar statistics for a specific area, property type or price range, please complete our Market Analysis Request Form and tell us how we can help. We can provide real estate market statistics for specific regions around Austin.
Austin Luxury Real Estate Market Snapshot
July 2013 vs July 2014 - Home Sales over $1,000,000
- $99,272,091 - Total dollar volume of $1M+ properties sold in July 2014
- $1,481,673 - Average price for $1M+ properties, $198,485 lower than July 2013
- 1,325,000 - Median price for $1M+ properties, $125,000 lower than July 2013
- 644 - Active $1M+ homes for sale in the Austin MLS
- 67 - $1M+ properties sold, 11 more than July 2013
- $335 - Average price per square foot for $1M+ properties, $8 less than July 2013
- 83 - Average number of days that $1M+ properties spent on the market, 17 days less than July 2013
- 9.3 - Months of inventory of $1M+ properties, 1.5 months less than July 2013
Austin Real Estate Market Snapshot
July 2013 vs July 2014 - All Home Sales
- 2,944 – Single-family homes sold, three percent less than July 2013.
- $250,000 – Median price for single-family homes, nine percent more than July 2013.
- $318,854 – Average price for single-family homes, seven percent more than July 2013.
- 39 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, two days fewer than July 2013.
- 3,788 – New single-family home listings on the market, eight percent more than July 2013.
- 6,859 - Active single-family home listings on the market, 12 percent more than July 2013.
- 2,660 – Pending sales for single-family homes, four percent less than July 2013.
- 3.0 – Months of inventory of single-family homes, 0.2 months more than July 2013.
- $938,706,176 – Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, four percent more than July 2013.